Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Out and about in Santa Cruz

Boardwalk at Santa Cruz!
So if I were to write about yesterday, which I am, I would write about Santa Cruz.
Let’s be honest. I am not a beach girl. I would love to be because there’s something really romantic about it, but I’m just not. Apparently, I’m a desert girl now. My hair hates humidity, and I’ve never been surfing. Anyway, Santa Cruz, in case you didn’t know, is a surfing’ town. Kind of boho-surfing-hippie-yet-fun-random-California-breezy.


We like it here, for a vacation. We loved the rare dog-friendly Manresa State Beach,
Add caption

I think Highway One is kinda cool.. well, I do….Sam is not impressed with the traffic. And we enjoyed the cute walkability of Downtown Santa Cruz.  The other night night, we ate dinner at Hoffman's a local place, and had deliciously politically correct burgers.
Sam at Hoffman's
We topped it off with ice cream from Mission Hill Creamery and Pacific Cookie company. This town is trouble for diets. Sam then checked out some local bookstores  for some Kindles paperbacks.

During the day yesterday, after we ran the dogs, we headed to the Boardwalk, and the wharf.

Nope, we didn’t do the roller coaster thing, but we did have lunch at Firefish Grill and we observed some fabulous sea lions relaxing after their hard night of partying and too many Watsonville strawberries…
Last night was ROUGH!
This had been great. As I wrote this, I was relaxing by the campfire with a glass of wine, my awesome husband, and my two furry dogs. You can’t beat that…
Hanging out at the campsite

No comments:

Post a Comment